Friday, December 20, 2013

Beer and Babies!

 An unlikely combination, but today's finished objects are all about beer...

Beer themed table runner for my beer brewing brother (say that five times fast!)
and babies!!!

Quilt done for baby Luci, my cousin's brand - new daughter!
I love how the wood-grained look fabric makes a great background block for the disappearing nine patch block. I used 'wood' for blocks 1,3,7 and 9, and beer patches for 2, 4, 6 and 8, and Kona Brown for the middle block (5).

 A couple slices down the middle and across , and a bit of rotating, and sewing, and it all came together in an afternoon in between tending to a stomach-buggy six year old. (after which I could have probably used a pint of beer...)

 Here's the full view of Luci's quilt! So ziggy! and zaggy! I combined loopy free motion quilting on the white zigs and walking feet straight lines on the purple zags.


2 comments:

  1. Tee hee - nothing worse than cleaning up after tummy bugs! I hope you had (and enjoyed that beer!) Your projects look great, I agree about the woodgrain pattern. Well done! Have a lovely Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your brother is going to love that table runner!! The loopy quilting looks so great on Luci's zig zag quilt.

    ReplyDelete

I just love comments! I read them all and respond to most!