Friday, November 22, 2013

Crazy Newspaper Scraphanging

I finished a queen-ish sized quilt (it finished a wee bit smaller than I thought, but will still cover the bed – woo hoo!) and had a box mess of scraps leftover.
024
Look at this madness! Just waiting to be cleaned up!  I grabbed a page of my trusty local newspaper, the Boston Globe, and just started sewing crazy quilt style, using the paper to give a little stabilizing to the fabric.  Once I couldn’t see any more paper, I used my rotary cutter and squared (well, rectangled) up the block to the size of the newspaper page. I used wonder-under (love that name!) to make some appliques and ironed and zig-zag stitched them on to cover my mistakes enhance the design of the block.

022
Ta DA! Now to figure out which side is up, and hang it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I just love comments! I read them all and respond to most!