Monday, January 6, 2014

Improv Bee Blocks

My first quilting bee blocks! Done! I was asked to make improv blocks including some solid white.  That's it, everything else was up to me! Now, I tend to be a bit of a Type-A personality...I like templates, directions, precise measurements, and I wasn't too sure about just sewing willy-nilly! It actually turned out to be pretty fun - I just grabbed some scraps that looked nice together and started with a strip set on the left block, and did the right block log-cabin-ish. I have to admit, there was a LOT of cutting!  I kept on re-wonky-ing them (re-wonky is a technical term, right?).

I can't wait to see what my bee buddies have sewed up for January's project!


  1. Those are great improv blocks! Your bee buddy recipient will be happy to get them!

  2. Re-wonky-ing!
    I love this new quilt technical vocabulary word!!! :) It is perfect for describing the methods used to create these blocks!! :)
    I hope you saved those wonky leftovers so you can create some Improv blocks for yourself!
    Your blocks look beautiful!!!


I just love comments! I read them all and respond to most!