Monday, January 6, 2014

Improv Bee Blocks

My first quilting bee blocks! Done! I was asked to make improv blocks including some solid white.  That's it, everything else was up to me! Now, I tend to be a bit of a Type-A personality...I like templates, directions, precise measurements, and I wasn't too sure about just sewing willy-nilly! It actually turned out to be pretty fun - I just grabbed some scraps that looked nice together and started with a strip set on the left block, and did the right block log-cabin-ish. I have to admit, there was a LOT of cutting!  I kept on re-wonky-ing them (re-wonky is a technical term, right?).


I can't wait to see what my bee buddies have sewed up for January's project!

2 comments:

  1. Those are great improv blocks! Your bee buddy recipient will be happy to get them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re-wonky-ing!
    I love this new quilt technical vocabulary word!!! :) It is perfect for describing the methods used to create these blocks!! :)
    I hope you saved those wonky leftovers so you can create some Improv blocks for yourself!
    Your blocks look beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

I just love comments! I read them all and respond to most!